Friday 29 May 2009

Crying-Girl-Fans : The definition of piss takes

A trip to the cinema rarely inspires me to write a poem, but after being DRAGGED to see the 'Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience' today (don't ask - my friends... yeah, they're suckers for Disney, but they're taking me to Coraline 3D to make up for it :D) well, I couldn't help it.
So after 1.5 hours of staring blankly at sobbing girls and colourful, homemade signs sporting slogans such as "JOE: WILL YOU MARRY ME?" I came home and wrote.
Here's the result.
(N.B: This is not anything to do with the Jonas Brothers. They look pretty nice guys, it's the fans I'm against)

Wear your dress like a belt
And your hair like a ruler
His heart’s gonna melt
And you’ve never been surer
You’ll stand out in the crowd
And draw your babe’s eyes
Say his name loud
And be heard over the cries
Of course he will marry you
Though you’ve never met
You'll give him a view
He won’t ever forget

Wake up, little girl
You’re no different at all
From the thousands who twirl
To his music and fall
Head over heels
For a pretty pin up
Don’t care what he feels
You’re not giving up

Be fair on the boy
What’s he gonna do?
Choose the prettiest toy
Until that’s broken too
Free sex and great praise
From a girl who don’t care
That she’s just a phase
Like some new shoes to wear
He’s not god upon high
Just human, you see
And just think while you cry
How cruel they can be

So excuse him for running
And not stopping to chat
Using all of his cunning
To avoid ‘all of that’
For the truth in my mind
Is that he is a saint
For leaving you girls behind
And putting up with complaint
He don’t want to hurt you
But you’re making it hard
Not to have a one-night screw
With the most easy girl-fan retard

8 comments:

  1. It's clever, it's got a point, & it's well pretty well-written. My, my you were fed up weren't you! I could totally see myself bashing on the little teeniebopper friends my little sister hangs around with this.

    The only thing I have against this post is the last line. Using the word retard in that sense is not very kind or politically correct...

    Please check out this website:

    http://www.r-word.org/

    I pledged. Will you? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the crit, I really appreciate it :)
    No, I don't usually use the R word, I find it horrible, but it seemed fitting for the mood I was in about these girls. You have no idea how many times I re-wrote those last four lines... I ended up compromising.
    I think I will pledge, and excuse me for the temporary lack of PC :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, lol, you really don't like them do you? tbh i've never quite got people's obsession with celebrities that they have never even spoken to...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and hmm.. i think i have to disagree with Shawna, I know its not kind and all but it sort of fits... the last line has too many syllables i think, but, even though i dont really call people retards either (part from conor, cos no other word really fits him ;))i think it works here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd agree with you there. Though I'm a highly biased party

    ReplyDelete
  6. About the conor thing, I mean ^-^;

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never really could understand the crying fan thing. I love those old clips of girls falling down at Beatles concerts. I have no idea why, but I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Beatlemania -.- yeah, that was big. I've seen those ;)

    ReplyDelete