Sunday 12 April 2009

Cause he's awesome \(^-^)/

SHAKESPEAAAAAH!!!
I find it amazin' that I haven't yet written anything about the Bard in my blog... and we're already on post 6!! So, random info time, Shakespeare created over 1700 words in his plays that are now used everyday. Here's just a few of his more famous ones:

accused
addiction
advertising
amazement
assassination
bandit
bedroom
birthplace
blanket
bloodstained (Trust him)
blushing
bet
bump
buzzer
champion
cold-blooded
Compromise
courtship
countless
critic
dauntless
Dawn
deafening
drugged (Found this funny for some reason)
epileptic (Othello suffered epileptic fits)
elbow (I want to know what people called their elbow before he came along)
excitement
Exposure
eyeball
fashionable (I'm willing to bet most girls I know won't believe me)
flawed
generous
gloomy
gossip
green-eyed (The green-eyed monster, mentioned in Othello ^^)
Gust
hint
hob-nob (I doubt he meant biscuits)
label
laughable
lonely
lower
luggage
majestic
mimic
moonbeam (Purdy)
mountaineer
negotiate
noiseless
obscene
Olympian
outbreak
puking (And you thought it was modern slang)
radiance
rant
remorseless
savagery
scuffle
secure
summit
swagger
torture
tranquil
undress
unreal
varied
vaulting
worthless
zany


More Shakespeare soon. Don't like it? Don't read it dahling.

1 comment: