Thursday 30 April 2009

Dangerously Close To Being Deep, Here

I actually caught myself saying "Everyone dies" today.
The good Lord help me.
Am I turning into a fucking philosopher?!

I hate saying "Everyone Dies."
I mean, I know it's true. But. Yeah. It's a taboo for me. *shudder*. Why the HELL did I say that?? It's so damn depressing, even though it's true. I don't know what I believe in terms of immortals. I guess anything's possible, right?
Granted - all these vampires, Lestat, Angel, Edward, are pretty convincingly un-true (well... maybe Lestat ^^) , but what about other kinds of long-livers, like Nostradamus, Rasputin or Elijah? From a girl that believes the human race isn't anywhere near as smart as we think we are, the idea there are people who can live for hundreds of years isn't that astounding.

Mull that over while a rant about something a little related.

Vampires.
Oh. My. God. What a depressing bunch!!!
Louis. Lestat. Michell. Angel. Edward. (If you know who ALL of them are, you're awesome.) If I was immortal, sure there would be bouts of depression, but they come to me now. My game plan for immortality would be to not stay still long enough for the bad moods to catch me.
The things I would do if I had all the time in the world. I mean, I guess I might not CHOOSE to become a vampire, but according to legend not many people have a choice there :)
For starters, I'd learn to draw. Properly. Also, I'd learn at least twenty different musical instruments to perfection (and one of those would HAVE to be the harmonica). I would spin round the world at least four times, living for the tiny bars nobody but the natives and the lost people find, the side streets that have a hidden gem like a statue or fountain, and the amazing people you meet over a pint. Learning every language I could would be something I'd love to do (although I would hope me becoming a vamp would mean I'm a better linguist than I am now).
I mean God, guys, lighten up!!
Oh, I've done terrible things! Haven't we all, Angel?
Everyone leaves me! Then screw them and go party, Lestat.
You're too pure for me! Edward Cullen get over yourself!
...and finally the most tedious: What does it all mean?! Louis, who gives a FLYING FUCK?!

5 comments:

  1. The deepness ruined by the last statement, I think. The one thing I would really upset me would be leaving people I know. Family, etc. I'd need a clean break or I'd always be there, staying with my brother's kids and whatnot. Perhaps I'd just drop in every now and then unexpectedly with amazing gifts for the kids and let them tell all their friens their auntie is undead ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this from us talking about the marathon? Me doing the mini one before I turn 18 and doing the normal one before I... Well yeh, was you going to say it then?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was me...:* It wasn't letting me post. Then I realised wasn't logged in=/

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I wrote this yesterday if you look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahaha
    lmao ur hilarious rachel
    u crack me up lol

    ReplyDelete